When to complete this step: At the end of each work term.
At the end of each work term interns must submit an evaluation completed by their direct supervisor. There are two methods for supervisors to complete the Supervisor Evaluation.
It is the intern's responsibility to ensure that their supervisor completes the evaluation by the deadline.
METHOD 1: Online Form
Supervisors are encouraged to complete the York Internship Program Supervisor Evaluation Form. Benefits for supervisors:
- it's easy to use and can be completed within minutes
- supervisors can print the form and discuss it with the student prior to submitting it online
- after the form has been submitted, the student can view it immediately on the Career Centre's online system
Instructions for Supervisors completing the York Internship Program Supervisor Evaluation Form:
If you are a new user, please contact the Internship Coordinator to request log-in information.
- Log in at york-csm.symplicity.com/employers (opens in a new window) with the username and password provided (please contact the Internship Coordinator if you do not have this login information).
- Once logged in, click "Evaluations" under “Internship Evaluations” in the left navigation bar.
- Find the record with the correct student name and current term in the list. (You may wish to use the search filters located in "More Filters") or scroll down to find your student.
- Click on the “Edit” button under the correct student record.
- Fill in the required evaluation information and click "Submit".
Contact the Internship Coordinator with any questions.
METHOD 2: Organization's own Evaluation Form or the Internship Program's Word Version
Supervisors may prefer to complete and submit their own organization’s evaluation form or the Internship Program's Microsoft Word version, made available by emailing the Internship Coordinator.
- The intern should request a completed and signed evaluation from their direct supervisor
- The intern must scan the completed evaluation, and upload it onto the Career Centre's online system by the deadline.
Instructions for Interns to upload supervisor's own evaluation form:
- Go to careers.yorku.ca/online-system (opens in a new window) and log in.
- Click on “Internships” in the left navigation bar under "My Account".
- This will direct you to the "Experiential Learning” tab with a list of your work term(s).
- Under "Sort By" select "Current Term".
- The first record will be your Current Work Term.
- Click on “Learning Agreement, Work Term Report & Employer Evaluation”.
- Click the "Add Attachment" button and locate the file you wish to upload. The maximum file size for each uploaded document is 300KB. Please do not submit individual pages as separate documents. The name of your document should be: W17_Eval_Your Last and First Name, e.g. W17_Eval_SmithJohn.
- Click 'Save'.
- You will know that your document has been successfully uploaded if you see it listed under “Current Uploaded Reports” at the bottom of the page.