If you've found an internship position you are interested in applying for or a company you would be interested in working with that was not posted on the Career Centre's job posting system and would like help reaching out to the employer and/or applying, please contact the Recruitment & Job Search Coordinator.
Next Steps if you’ve Accepted a Position
If you've accepted an internship position that was not posted on the Career Centre's job posting system,and would like to see if the position is eligible for the Internship Program, please contact the Internship Coordinator at email@example.com and provide the following:
- A copy of your confirmation letter/letter of acceptance
- The anticipated start date of your internship
- A copy of the job description indicating the position is paid and full-time
- Other work term details
The Internship Coordinator will verify that the position is appropriate for the Internship Program based on the following criteria:
- It is related to your field of study
- It offers an opportunity to apply your skills and knowledge in the workplace
- It has a duration of 4, 8, 12, or 16 months (1, 2, 3 or 4 work terms)
- The employer must be willing to participate in the internship performance review process including a first and last term call with the Internship Coordinator
- The employer will provide a written performance evaluation at the end of each work term
The Internship Coordinator will contact the employer to discuss their role in the Internship Program and the Performance Review Process.