Before applying for the internship program, you should consider these important financial implications.
Student Status at York
During the time you are on internship your full-time student status at York will be affected. You cannot take courses while working on an internship without the prior written permission of the Internship Program, and the internship work term course is a zero-credit course. Therefore, you may not have full-time or part-time student status; however, you will continue to be an active York student.
- You may not be eligible for grants and student loans (including OSAP).
- Contact Student Financial Services at 416-872-9675 to learn how participating in an internship will affect your student loans.
Scholarships & Bursaries
- If you hold a scholarship, you may be able to defer it.
- Contact the Undergraduate Awards office at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how participating in an internship may affect any scholarship(s) that you hold or are interested in applying for.
You will be responsible for the following fees while in the Internship Program:
- A one-time, non-refundable Enrollment Fee of $200 will be applied to your student account upon your enrollment into the Internship Program.
- A non-refundable Internship work term fee of $475 is paid once you secure an internship position and enroll in the required internship work term course. Students pay this non-refundable fee for each 4 month internship work term they undertake (e.g. 3 work terms = $1,425.00).